For the four Tuesday events in July, we are going to have a “Park Orienteering Race Series”. Your best 3 out of 4 races will count. The courses at these events will be generally approximately 5 km long. The scoring will be like the street-orienteering series with 50 points for the winner, 45 for 2nd place etc. There will be some small prizes for leaders at the end of the series (including some special categories, eg best non-orienteer). The events are easy to get to by public transport and there will be a designated pub for socialising afterwards.
The races are as follows:
Frolics series – Sunday mornings in June/July
As well as these midweek races, there will be a series regular races on Sunday mornings. These are all suitable for both novice and experienced orienteers, so will suit those of you who having been coming along to our winter street-orienteering events.
These are part of an inter-club series (FROLICS), and the scoring takes into account gender, age & experience to give everyone a chance to score for their club. So go along and represent your club, or just go along anyway if you are not yet a member! Click here for further details on these events. The planned events are as follows:
· Sunday 29th June - Putney Heath (organised by SLOW – details here)
· Sunday 6th July - Addington Hills, Croydon (organised by DFOK)
· Sunday 13th July - Alexandra Park, North London (organised by LOK)
· Sunday 20th July - Nork Park, Epsom (organised by Mole Valley)
· Sunday 27th July - Whippendell Woods, Watford (organised by Happy Herts)
Please check the websites of the organising clubs listed above for further details of these events.
Page updated 27 July 2008