2014 Autumn Series Winners
After the fifth and final race at Pippingford Park, the results are now in for South London Orienteers’ 2014 Autumn Series.
- Men’s Open: Paul Nixon won the men’s competition scoring maximum points at both the events he raced at. Competition was tight at the top, and Matt Schepisi and Angus Liu could have taken the title if they had raced on the final day.
- Women’s Open: for the second year running, Charlotte Turner took the women’s title, with three victories and one second place.
- Men’s Vets: Angus Lund held off stiff competition from Vince Roper to take the title by one point on the final day.
- Women’s Vets: Dorte Torpe Hansen again won this title with wins in all four competitions that she raced at.
- Men’s Super/Ultra Vets: Andy Jones had all but won the series by the end of the third race, with three first place scores. Charlie Turner was controlling the second race, but could only manage one of two possible victories in the remaining races which would have tied the competition.
- Women’s Super/Ultra Vets: Sarah Brown held off competition from Karen Jones and Teresa Turner with a win in the final race to give her maximum points.
- Juniors: Lucy Armitage, brothers Ned and Kit Foulkes, Claudia Mahr and Mark Turner all competed in one race each through the course of the series and so share the title of best-placed junior!
The Autumn Series spans the 2014 Club Championships which were won by Ralph Street and Helen Gardiner.
Congratulations to all the winners and many thanks to the five orienteering clubs that hosted our 2014 Autumn Series and the Club Championships: Southampton, Southern Navigators, Chigwell and Epping, Southdowns and Mole Valley.