Orienteering options available during lockdown
In addition to the monthly challenges, we have plenty of options for you to do some orienteering locally as part of your individual exercise – see the full list below.
For experienced orienteers:
- Two Brown standard Maprun VOC’s in Richmond Park
- Three Blue standard Maprun VOC’s on Wimbledon Common
- The Maprun Score on Wimbledon Common is still available (but scores will no longer count in the league).
- The POC on Esher Common offers a range of courses up to Blue
By way of Street-O (for orienteers of any standard):
- The Richmond Maprun Street O is available (and it counts for the league if done by 31st December).
- The Battersea,
Maprun Street-O courses are still available.
For less experienced orienteers:
POC’s of various difficulties are available
(please find via the POC database):
- – Esher Common (the shorter courses)
- – Wimbledon Park
- – Elthorne Park
- – Boston Manor Park
- – Ravenscourt Park
- – Paddington Recreation Ground
- – Bishop’s Park
- – Gunnersbury Park