SLOW Night-O Series 2019-2020
The nights are drawing in and that means one thing – yes, the start of the SLOW Winter night orienteering series!
The series comprises 5 races from late October to late March:
- Overall series results will be calculated, but you are welcome to run at just one or two if you like.
- All are based at a pub.
- All are accessible by public transport.
- All are on Tuesdays.
- All have start times from 18:15 to 19:30 with courses closing at 20:30, except for the March season finale (mass start).
- All have a long course of 5 – 6 km and a short one of 2.5 – 3.0 km.
- All use SIAC contactless punching; cards can be hired if you do have your own.
The events typically take place on the last Tuesday of the month. The schedule for 2019-20 is this.
|29 October 2019
|26 November 2019
|28 January 2020
|25 February 2020
|24 March 2020
Full details on each event are posted here on the SLOW website a couple of weeks before the event. If you would like to contact any of the organisers, please email the series coordinator Steven Clelland at to be put in touch.
The entry fee is £3 for SLOW members, students and juniors; £5 for others. The races use both SIAC contactless and SI electronic punching; SIAC cards are available to hire for those who do not have their own. A small number of headlamps are also available to borrow for free but you need to e-mail the organiser in advance of each race to reserve one.
League series points are scored at each event, with 100 for the winner, 99 for 2nd place, 98 for 3rd, down to 1 point for everyone who finishes 100th place or lower. The organiser of the event scores points equal their best at any other race in the season. Men and women are included in the same combined results table for each race, and overall, but women’s positions will be highlighted in the results.
The overall results will be based on your best three scores in the series, and there will be prizes for the leading man and leading woman over the series. In the event of a tie, head-to-head results will be used.